Matakana Ashtanga weekend
Friday 6-7.30pm led class modified primary series
Saturday 9am Mysore class
Saturday Teachers workshop 12-4pm (6 PLACES ONLY)
Sunday 9am Mysore class
mysore classes $20ea
teachers workshop $120 (includes 9am mysore class)
whole weekend $150
YOGA TEACHERS SCHEDULE SATURDAY JULY 6 (6 PLACES ONLY)
-you don't need to be a yoga teacher -the workshop is open to anyone curious about learning how to teach yoga or improve the skills they already have. friendly and informative and practical workshop.
PART 1 9-11.30am YOUR PRACTICE
A personal daily practice that you love is essential for all yoga teachers! Start with a group self practice session -ashtanga or other self practice is welcome. If you don't have one (or one that is working for you) then I will help you create one. The class is open to non teachers too.
11.30-12.10 pm 40min Rest/Lunch Break (BYO -we have a kitchen to use)
PART 2 12.10-2pm TEACHERS SKILL SET
These skills actually take many years to develop and we never stop learning! We will work as a group and in pairs to get some real feedback, have some fun and gain some confidence.
• body reading - how to see individual bodies in poses
understanding body mechanics, actions of a pose, and the basics of giving good adjustments
• modifications -teaching people with injuries and different levels• themes and alternative sequencing
• verbal cues -we'll do some short games to explore and improve and reflect
• approaches to teaching: subjectivity vs objectivity
PART 3 2.30-4pm CONFIDENCE + COMMUNITY
It’s important to let people know about your teaching and connect with your community! We’ll discuss the necessary basics, new and old innovations to get excited about, and staying true to yourself in the age of social media madness.
• open for business -deciding where/how to start and the basics of getting out there• support networks
• traditions and 21st century, social media, colabs, apps